Windows 8.1 Standard 32/64bit Download
Payment powered by Stripe
- Service reviews independently verified by Trustpilot
- Free tech support
- Product key & download
- 20% off quantity: 10+
Join the Recycled Software price revolution!
Windows 8.1 brings together everything you do - from mobile apps for your business, to Office productivity, to searching and browsing, to accessing data from anywhere. Your Windows experience works across all your devices - from the elite business tablet, to thin and light notebooks, to the high-performance workstation or an all-in-one, whether at home, around the office, or out working on the road. Windows takes care of the essentials - letting you manage personal devices in your organization, utilizing your investments in enterprise infrastructure and enhancing the security of your environment.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft.
See the features in the 8.1 update >>
Note: although it is possible, we do not recommend installing Windows on a Google Chromebook (free tech support is unavailable for installs to Chromebooks).
To install Windows 8.1 you need:
- Processor. 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- RAM. 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space. 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card. Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch
- To access the Windows Store and to download, run, and snap apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- Microsoft account required for some features
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
- Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database
- Some games and programs might require a graphics card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 8.1 Pro only)
- BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or a USB flash drive (Windows 8.1 Pro only)
- Client Hyper-V requires a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT) capabilities and additional 2 GB of RAM (Windows 8.1 Pro only)
- A TV tuner is required to play and record live TV in Windows Media Center (Windows 8.1 Pro Pack and Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack only)
- Miracast requires a display adapter which supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.3, and a Wi‑Fi adapter that supports Wi‑Fi Direct
- Wi‑Fi Direct Printing requires a Wi‑Fi adapter that supports Wi‑Fi Direct and a device that supports Wi‑Fi Direct Printing
- Free internet TV content varies by geography, some content might require additional fees (Windows 8.1 Pro Pack and Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack only)
- To install a 64-bit OS on a 64-bit PC, your processor needs to support CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF
- InstantGo works only with computers designed for Connected Standby
Recycled product keys are legally sold under the First Sale doctrine contained in 17 U.S.C. § 109. Software Recycling LLC do not sell download links or provide paid support - Software Recycling LLC customer support services are offered entirely free of charge 7 days a week.
Don't simply trust what we say - see what our customers say about us: www.trustpilot.com/review/buy.recycled-software.com
Product keys are delivered by email.
Product installation files are free and may be downloaded independently from Microsoft or from links we provide directing you to Microsoft file hosting and to 3rd party file hosting platforms. Links to download installation files are provided in the same email which contains your product key.
In addition to email product key delivery we deliver product keys to your product key delivery history, stored in your account on this website - available here (requires login): buy.recycled-software.com/key-history Think of this as your own personal cloud locker, safely storing purchased product keys for future reference.
Order processing runs automatically 24/7, so you receive your order within minutes, day or night (our customer services team are human, working Eastern Time 4am-9pm weekdays, 9am-5pm weekends).
Veterans' coupon code: vet
We're here 7 days a week
for free technical support. Contact us by phone, chat or email.
Mon-Fri US Eastern Time
Sat-Sun US Eastern Time
Current US Eastern Time:
24 hour a day automatic order processing.
You might also like